The Intercept is seeking a Senior Producer for Intercept Podcasts who will be responsible for managing The Intercept’s weekly shows – including the flagship Intercepted with Jeremy Scahill and Deconstructed with Mehdi Hasan – as well as special narrative and investigative series.
The Senior Producer will work closely with the hosts and executive producers of The Intercept’s shows, as well as journalists across the Intercept’s newsroom and its leadership, to develop original ideas for segments, series, and live events, and on their execution.
- Overseeing the Intercept’s slate of podcasts, maintaining their success and growing their reach and impact.
- Recruiting, hiring and managing both full-time and freelance production staff for intercept podcasts
- Creating and managing show budgets
- Attending weekly editorial and production meetings for all podcasts and providing guidance on story/topic/guest selection
- Giving editorial notes on show segments and series
- Monitoring analytics and developing strategies for audience growth, including marketing, communications, and other outreach
- And more!
Background & Qualifications include:
- At least 7 years experience producing radio and/or podcasts of a journalistic nature, with a track record of cultivating compelling voices and engaging content
- Interest and fluency in The Intercept’s areas of coverage, including war, surveillance, corruption, criminal justice, politics, history, and global affairs
- Seasoned audio editor, fluent in ProTools or similar software
- Deep skills in prep, direction, and script writing
- Sharp eye for talent and good stories
- And more!
Those who are interested should visit The Intercept’s want ad to find out more details about the position. It is possible to apply for this job on The Intercept’s website.