Anchor has introduced a new feature called Cohosts. This brand new feature seamlessly matches you up with other podcasters who like talking about the same things you do.
The Cohosts feature is completely free, like all of Anchor’s features. It is available now on Anchor’s iOS and Android apps. It is designed to make it easy for you to find a cohost for your podcast.
Earlier this year we launched Anchor 3.0, giving people everything they need to make a great podcast – including easy creation tools, one-touch distribution, and new ways to interact with listeners – all in one place. But what if you need someone to record your podcast with? That’s a question we hear from people a lot, and it’s exactly where Cohosts comes in.
Here is how Cohosts works:
- Pick a topic from the home screen, or add your own custom topic! It could be something broad, like politics, or something hyper-specific to your podcast, like Stephen King novels.
- Anchor will find you a cohost who is interested in talking about the same topic, and Anchor will connect you.
- Anchor will give you 30 seconds to introduce yourselves and decide how you want to kick off your conversation, and then recording will automatically start.
- Record with your cohost for up to 15 minutes.
- You’ll both get a copy of the recording, and can publish your conversation to your podcast right away or add it to an episode later.
If you love recording with a particular cohost, you can always record with them again later with Anchor’s Record With Friends feature. The Record With Friends feature doesn’t have a time limit and lets you record with anyone, anywhere in the world, any time you want.